Monday, October 26, 2009

30.  Oatmeal Cookie Mix, pg. 286

Because I enjoy having some baked goods around to satisfy my sweet tooth, I figured making this mix might be a good way to have half of the mixing up completed whenever I needed to bake again.

After one attempt at baking, I am a bit disappointed at the final product.  Halving the final combination, I substituted one small banana for one egg (which has been met before with mixed results), dropped in a few chocolate chips, and then followed the rest of the recipe.  The outcome was a never-done cookie that lacked any personality.  The cookies spread out a good bit, and even after baking for over 15 minutes (versus the stated 12), were quite gooey and wouldn't stay together.

So, the verdict isn't out yet.  I think I should try it again, using egg instead of banana, and then I'll give it my final score.  Stay tuned.

Has anyone else ever tried this recipe with different results?

No comments:

Post a Comment