Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Hi!
 

My name is Ashley. I live in Ontario Canada, with my family. Everyone in this house likes different foods, and usually no one likes the same thing. So, I am always on the search for new recipes, always testing out foods on my family. I came across a copy of More-With-Less and it really sparked some interest. I like the idea of simple meals, that cost less, and are homemade. I also like that the focus isn't on a huge piece of meat for every meal. I am on a limited budget, and meat prices are getting to be insanely high - take yesterday, I went to buy hamburger/ground beef and it was priced at $6.95 for 1 pound, hot dogs an 8 pack was $5, these are supposed to be the cheaper meat items. Roasts were $27. Seeing this at the store caused me to pick up More-With-Less again.
 

I'm not going to be cooking my way through the whole book, there are many recipes that I  know my family just wouldn't eat. There are a few that include nuts, which I won't be making because we have a nut allergy.  And there are recipes that include ingredients that we just don't have in this small town.
 

I will try to post pictures when I can (when I remember to pull out the camera!), and I will give my views and the views of my kids as well as we cook up some of these recipes.
 

And also if you have made some of these recipes and took pictures, feel free to send them my way and I will post them as well!


2 comments:

  1. Best wishes with "More-with-Less". I happened to be looking for budget cooking ideas and saw your post. I hope you will keep us updated on your experiences with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will, were headed into the middle of a move right now, so things are a bit nuts. Hopefully things will settle down soon and I can start cooking and posting!

    ReplyDelete